A Pioneer of Flexible Ureterorenoscopy ( RIRS ) in India
Director- R. P. Stone Clinic Pvt. Ltd., Sector-11, Urban Estate, Panipat-132103
Faculty- Cook India Medical Devices private limited.
- M.B.B.S from Govt. Medical College, Jammu Tawi, J& K
- MS. in Surgery from Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Dip. In Urology(Institute of Urology, London)
Haryana Medical Council, Reg. No-2204
Delhi Medical Council, Reg. No-39441
Ex- CONSULTANT UROLOGIST, RICHARD WOLF Gmbh.,Germany
Has worked as Lecture in Surgery in a Urological unit for Two and half years in Chrisitian
Medical College, Ludhiana from Sept. 1984 to Feb 1987.
Is exclusively engaged in Private practice of Endo Urology for last 30 years.
Has worked as Consultant Urologist in following Institutes in the past:-
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Jaipur Golden Hospital, New Delhi
Max Superspeciality Hospital , Shalimar, New Delhi
Moolchand Hospital, New Delhi
Has performed thousands of RIRS in last 20 years, first using several Fiberoptic flexible
scopes and now using Digital (Chip on the Tip) Flexible Scopes.
Posted Several videos on RIRS on You Tube since 2010.
Guest Lectures & Workshops:-
Has conducted more than one hundred workshops on Transurethral Surgery & Ureterorenoscopy including RIRS
Has delivered more than one hundred Guest Lectures on Transurethral Surgery and Ureterorenoscopy
Has designed Ureteroscope named as Suction Ureterorenoscope by Pawan Gupta & is manufactured by Richard Wolf GmbH., Germany.
Publications in International Journals as detailed below:-
- Ureterorenoscopy to remove a fungal bezoar from the renal pelvis. Case Report British Journal of Urology International (March 2001), 87.4.
- Initial Experience with a Prototype Ureteroscope under “New Technologies in Endourology”. Journal of Endourology, Volume 20, Number 1 , January 2006.
- Is the Holmium: YAG Laser the best Intracorporeal Lithotripter for the Ureter? A 3-Year
Retrospective Study.Journal of Endourology, Volume 21, Number 3 ,March 2007.
Organized following workshops & Training Programs:-
- Workshop on Ureterorenoscopy both Rigid & Flexible in 1998 at R P Stone Clinic Pvt. Ltd., Panipat under North Zone Chapter of Urological Society of India.
- USI WORKSHOP: – Organized an International Workshop on RIRS at R P Stone Clinic Pvt. Ltd., Panipat in April 2011 under Urological Society of India.
- Organized a Workshop on RIRS at R P Stone Clinic Pvt. Ltd., Panipat in April 2012.
- Has conducted Cook Vista Training Programme for Young Qualified (Post Mch/DNB Urology) Doctors in RIRS at R P Stone Clinic Pvt. Ltd., Panipat.
Invited Faculty For Demonstration / Moderation /Presentation on Flexible Ureterorenoscopy (RIRS) in following Workshops/Conferences Institutions
- Dehradun: Live Workshop, Second Uttaranchal Endourolap CME (August 2003)
- Ludhiana: Video presentation for mid-term CME of the Northern Chapter of the Association of Surgeons of India (October 2003).
- Jaipur, Bhandari Hospital Laser Surgery Center: National Endo-Uro-Gynae Workshop (May 2004).
- PGI Chandigarh: Live Operative Workshop on PNL and use of Holmium Laser in Endourology (April 2005).
- PGIMS Rohtak: Video Presentation (April 2005).
- Srinagar: Live demonstration at the XV Annual Conference of the Northern Chapter of the
Urological Society of India (September 2005).
- Varanasi, Institute of Medical Sciences: Video Clips for 39th Annual Conference of the Urological Society of India (February 2006).
- New Delhi, AIIMS: Moderated session on Flexible Ureteroscopy in Asian Congress of Urology in 2008.
- New Delhi, AIIMS: Delivered a lecture on Innovation in Ureterorenoscopy during Key Note Address Session in North Zone ASICON , January 2009.
- Guwahati: Delivered a talk on current management of Urinary tract stones in May 2009.
- Patiala: Conducted a workshop on Flexible Ureteroscopy in August 2010.
- Nadiad: Invited as a Faculty for training programme in RIRS in Nadiad in August 2010.
- Sri Lanka: Conducted a Two Days workshop on RIRS IN Colombo in October 2010.
- New Delhi, AIIMS: Delivered a Talk on RIRS at ASICON in Dec.2010.
- Sri Lanka: Conducted a Two days workshop on RIRS in Colombo in 2011.
- Kochi: Live demonstration of RIRS during Lapendofusion 2011.
- AUA (American Urological Association) Seagura Endourology Course in Nadiad in Feb.2013: Delivered a talk on suction Ureteroscopy & moderated sessions on RIRS.
- Kochi : Live demonstration of RIRS during Lapendofusion 2013 in August 2013.
- PGI Chandigarh: Live demonstration of RIRS during Annual conference of North Zone Chapter of Urological Society of India in 2014.
- PGI Chandigarh: Live demonstration of RIRS during SAARC workshop.
- Ludhiana, Selsicon in January 2015: Live demonstration of RIRS during National Conference of Selsicon at Doraha, Ludhiana.
- Jalandher,16-17August, 2015: Conducted a live workshop on RIRS in Jalandher, organized under North Zone chapter of Urological Society of India.
- Kochi: Live demonstration of RIRS during Lapendofusion 2015.
- Indo-Turkish, 4&5 September, 2015: UROMASTERS Endo-Laparoscopic Urological Meet, Agra.
- PGI Chandigarh, BOE-USI 9-10 Oct, 2015: Live workshop on RIRS under Board of Education, Urological Society of India.
- Participations & Presentations in Local, Regional, National & International Conferences as a delegate has not been included in this CV.
Has worked as Reviewer in International Journals:-
- International Braz J Urol
- Journal of Endourology
- Journal of Pediatric Surgery
- Indian Journal of Urology